West Virginia Reciprocity Course
Time limit: 365 days
Full course description
CREDIT: 40 Hours
THIS COURSE IS ONLY FOR WEST VIRGINIA LICENSEES WANTING TO OBTAIN A KENTUCKY LICENSE
West Virginia (40 Hours Online)
This 40-hour reciprocal license program is approved by the Kentucky Real Estate Commission (KREC). This program covers Kentucky-specific license laws, regulations and statutes. In addition to Kentucky Real Estate Commission Rules, Ethics, Disciplinary Actions or Complaints, Disclosures, RESPA, Agency and Duties to Clients, Fair Housing, Contracts & Offers, Advertising & Marketing, Loans & Taxes and other topics associated with practicing real estate in Kentucky. Additionally, this course addresses issues specific to obtaining a license through reciprocity pursuant to the agreement between Kentucky and West Virginia.
Included in this part of the course is a glossary packet (PDF), study resources, the course project, and final exam. The course project consists of two case studies and quiz. The course final exam is proctored and required by Kentucky law. It is taken with KRI's online proctoring service which is ondemend and available 24/7. The final exam is NOT the licensing exam.
REVIEW ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS LICENSE BY CLICKING HERE.
Video Demo Available Soon!
By registering for our program, you agree to our terms and conditions. Please read through all the information carefully to familiarize yourself with the KRI policies and procedures including refunds.
- Shipping: If you choose the course option only, there is no textbook.
- Access: Access to the course is available for one (1) year from the date of enrollment and accessible 24/7. You may review and retake any portion of the course you have completed within your 1-year timeframe – even after you have received your certificate of completion. Online courses are tracked by the online learning platform. Course work and seat time is recorded and timestamped in the system. You may log in/out of the online course at any time. Your work will be saved each time.
- Compliance: To be in compliance with KREC, you will be required to complete all course work, course affidavit, evaluation as well as take and pass a proctored final exam.
- Final Exam: The final exam is taken once all coursework is completed. A score of 75% or greater is required to pass. A total of three attemps is allowed per Kentucky law. The exam consists of 75 multiple-choice questions.
- Certificate: A completion certificate will be emailed within 10 business days of completion to the email address you registered with.
- Course Cancellation Policy: If you drop out of the course within 7 days of purchase, you will receive a partial refund. At that time, 75% of total registration fees paid will be refunded, only if no more than ½ the course was completed. Beyond 7 days, no refund is available. You are not required to mail back the KRI Law Manual, but shipping will be deducted as well. Re-entry into the program would require registering for the courses at full price. To review our Policies & Procedures, click here.
- Course Instructor: You have a course instructor available to you while you are enrolled. The instructor's information is provided within the course.
- Technical Support: Technical Support information is provided within the course.
- KRI Support: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for issues accessing your course or for any other questions about the process.
Please Note: A criminal conviction may prevent an applicant from qualifying for licensure under KRS 324.045. Per Kentucky law, students are not allowed to complete more than 9 hours of Pre-Licensing coursework per day. It's the students' responsibility to track their hours. Please contact KRI with any questions.