Full course description
CREDIT: 96 Broker Hours
This fully revamped interactive online course offers aspiring home inspectors a basement-to-chimney guide to the modern inspection profession. This online course is approved for 96 broker hours and is great for anyone trying to knock out hours to get their brokers license. If you purchase this course you find that it has a great mix of video, reading and learning exercises.
For every major house system, this course explains the component problems, their practical implications, and the inspection strategies for finding them. No other introduction offers the breadth and the depth of this course. Including 11 hours of video instruction, hundreds of detailed technical illustrations, color photographs, interactive exercises, progress quizzes, and comprehensive exams, this is the most complete home inspection course on the market.
This course requires a final exam that is proctored per Kentucky law. The proctored final exam is taken with KRI's online proctoring service which is ondemend and available 24/7.
- Standards and Reports Plus Business
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Electrical Systems
- Gas Furnaces
- Oil Furnaces
- Hot Water Boilers
- Other Aspects of Heating
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps
Video Demo Available Soon!
- Shipping: The Principles of Home Inspection: Systems & Standards textbook is not included with this course as it is only included if you purchase the package.
- Access: Access to the course is available for one (1) year from the date of enrollment and accessible 24/7. You may review and retake any portion of the course you have completed within your 1-year timeframe – even after you have received your certificate of completion. Online courses are tracked by the online learning platform. Course work and seat time is recorded and timestamped in the system. You may log in/out of the online course at any time. Your work will be saved each time.
- Compliance: To be in compliance with KREC, you will be required to complete all course work, course affidavit, evaluation as well as take and pass a proctored final exam.
- Final Exam: The proctored final exam is taken once all coursework is completed. A score of 75% or greater is required to pass. A total of three attemps is allowed per Kentucky law. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Certificate: A completion certificate will be emailed within 10 business days of completion to the email address you registered with.
- Course Cancellation Policy: If you drop out of the course within 7 days of purchase, you will receive a partial refund. At that time, 75% of total registration fees paid will be refunded, only if no more than ½ the course was completed. Beyond 7 days, no refund is available. You are not required to mail back the KRI Law Manual, but shipping will be deducted as well. Re-entry into the program would require registering for the courses at full price. To review our Policies & Procedures, click here.
- Course Instructor: You have a course instructor available to you while you are enrolled. The instructor's information is provided within the course.
- Technical Support: Contact for technical issues including problems accessing your course, navigating through the course or if you get locked out. Tech support will be available via email during regular business hours. M-Th: 8am-10pm (ET), Fr: 8am-9pm (ET); 888-213-5124; REtechsupport@dearborn.com.
- KRI Support: Please email email@example.com for issues accessing your course or for any other questions about the process.
Please Note: A criminal conviction may prevent an applicant from qualifying for licensure under KRS 324.045. Per Kentucky law, students are not allowed to complete more than 9 hours of coursework per day. It's the students' responsibility to track their hours. Please contact KRI with any questions.