Fairhaven: A Fair Housing Simulation Course
Time limit: 365 days
Full course description
CE: 3 Elective Hours
PLE: 3 Fair Housing
THIS COURSE IS FREE TO REALTOR MEMBERS ONLY. NON-MEMBERS MUST GO HERE TO PAY FOR THE COURSE.
Fairhaven: A Fair Housing Simulation is an online interactive simulation training in which agents will confront discrimination in real estate transactions from the point of view of both agent and client. The simulation portion was created and is copyrighted by NAR. KRI is proud to have partnered with NAR to provide this education.
In the training, agents work against the clock to sell homes in the fictional town of Fairhaven, confronting various scenarios in which discrimination gets in the way. Agents make choices about how to handle each scenario, advancing through the simulation based on their answers. At each step, the course provides actionable feedback to give agents the tools to prevent and address discrimination in their daily business transactions.
In an innovative approach, the course also puts agents in the role of a client experiencing discrimination. The client point-of-view scenarios are paired with powerful video testimonials illustrating the impact of housing discrimination in real people’s lives. The course’s use of storytelling and experiential learning is intended to drive deep introspection, willing acceptance of the principles of fair housing, and lasting behavior change.
Video Demo Available Soon!
- Access: Access to the course is available for one (1) year from the date of enrollment and accessible 24/7. You may review and retake any portion of the course you have completed within your 1-year timeframe – even after you have received your certificate of completion. Online courses are tracked by the online learning platform. Course work and seat time is recorded and timestamped in the system. You may log in/out of the online course at any time. Your work will be saved each time. Members can not enroll in the course more than once in a calendar year.
- Compliance: To be in compliance with KREC, you will be required to complete all course work, course affidavit, evaluation as well as take and pass a final exam.
- Final Exam: The final exam is taken once all coursework is completed. A score of 75% or greater is required to pass. A total of three attemps is allowed per Kentucky law. The exam consists of 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Certificate: A completion certificate will be emailed within 10 business days of completion to the email address you registered with.
- Course Instructor: You have a course instructor available to you while you are enrolled. The instructor's information is provided within the course.
- Technical Support: Technical Support information is provided within the course.
- KRI Support: Please email email@example.com for issues accessing your course or for any other questions about the process.
Please Note: Per Kentucky law, students are not allowed to complete more than 9 hours of coursework per day. It's the students' responsibility to track their hours. Please contact KRI with any questions.